Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

More Black Eyed Peas.......Get Started: Macrame Jewelry

Get Started: Macrame Jewelry: "Introduction to Macrame
If you wanted to get started making jewelry, macarame has a lot of promise. It doesn’t take a lot of supplies or tools, the basics are pretty easy to learn, and it’s making a come back in a big way.

Back in the 70s, I was very into macrame. I remember making plant hangers, wall hangings, and, of course, lots of jewelry. Here’s a picture of an actual choker necklace from my macrame glory days that some how survived.

In the 80s macrame’s popularity took a dive, and so did my supplies. So, today I had to start from scratch in order to get started making macrame jewelry. But, I literally spent less than $20 at Wal-mart to get started."

If you are interested in Macrame Jewellery - check out Tammy's site! Carolyne :)

No comments: